AMVETS Department of Iowa
Call for more info: 319-290-0901
AMVETS CODE Career Centers
Powered by CALL OF DUTY ENDOWMENT
Helping Veterans Find Jobs
- Career assessment to help veterans make good career choices
- Claims and benefits assistance
- Training and educational options that will help the veteran develop work-related skills employers want
- Help to obtain licensing and certification assistance to help veterans document work-related skills
- Interview skills that help veterans know what to expect during employment interviews.
- Resume witing to help veterans market themselves to employers
- Job search assistance to help veterans maximize their job search effectiveness
- Support services to help veterans find employment with veteran friendly employers
- Interview clothing that will be provided for veterans who need wardrobe assistance
AMVETS CODE Career Centers are staffed by AMVETS volunteers. Our volunteers will reach out to the local community and surrounding counties to find veterans in need of jobs and match you up with veterans friendly employers. There is a staggering unemployment rate among returning veterans, especially in the 18-24 age group. AMVETS is committed to addressing this challenge.
We provide services to all honorably discharged veterans, active duty service members, and all members of the National Guard and Reserve Forces.
Des Moines AMVETS Post 2
2818 5th Ave
Des Moines Iowa 50313
515-782-3217 (Mary Van Horn)
515-259-9948 Post Phone Number
Hours of Operations
Tues - Thurs 2PM - 9PM
Fri - Sat 10AM - 6PM
Available by appointment on all other days
Iowa AMVETS CODE Career Centers
AMVETS National Headquarters
Career Center Specialist
The Call of Duty Endowment (CODE) is a non-profit public benefit corporation which helps service members transition to civilian careers after their military service. CODE focuses its resources on assisting organizations that provide job placement and training to veterans, as well as engaging the media and public forums to raise awareness about the issue.
Activision Blizzard launched the organization in October 2009 with a commitment to donate and raise millions of dollars for the cause. To help guide the endowment, CEO Bobby Kotick has recruited an advisory board composed of respected veterans representing the various service branches. Just as our men and women in the Armed Forces fought to protect our nation and liberties, CODE will fight to ensure that they find a career they deserve when leaving the military. AMVETS is grateful to have received a grant from CODE to expand our Career Centers across the country.